So here it is. My first post. I've been thinking alot about what I want this blog to be (i.e. a place where I can post thoughts and reflections, a place for updating family and friends about our life out here, etc). I've decided it's too early to put a label on this thing, so I'm just going to run with it and see what happens! Thanks to Caroline for reminding me that I actually do have exciting things in my life to write about, and I should start a blog.
It's a dark, cold, rainy day in Denver. The high today is only 65. That may not seem very cold in the grand scheme of Colorado, but seeing as how we just got out of a streak of 22 days above 90 degrees, it's quite a change. Lately I've been longing for a day like this. Don't get me wrong, I love the sun. But every now and then it's so nice to break out the umbrella and dodge puddles. It's supposed to be like this all weekend. My flowers are happy... the ones that are alive atleast.
Thomas and I are heading up to Grand Lake this weekend to have an "Olympic Theme Weekend" at our friend Dylan's family lake house. Dylan is my friend Kate's boyfriend, and he loves her enough to allow quite a few of our crazy friends to come up. We have not had a lake trip since we left Auburn and are pretty excited to have a relaxing weekend complete with great friends, lots of food, and I'm sure the occasional cocktail. The picture of Thomas and I below is actually from Grand Lake in 2006.
So, let's talk about the "Olympic Theme" part of the weekend. Kate and Dylan have taken it upon themselves to come up with a number of games and competitions that we will take part in throughout the weekend (think washers, corn hole, etc). While playing these games, each couple is supposed to dress up like both a sport in the Olympics and a Country. Any of you who know Thomas know that dressing up in costume is not his thing. He is a man that won't even dress up for Halloween (with the exception of last year... props to him for that). To make it as easy of a costume as possible, we are going to be the Swedish Mixed Doubles Tennis Team. Why you ask? Because we have all the tennis gear, and I figured if Thomas wears his hair down with a sweatband around his head, he could pass as a Swede. Me with red hair... not so much. I'll make sure to post pictures on here next week... if I can figure out how, exactly, to do that. I'm sure as I start to learn a little more about this whole blogging thing, the look and feel of this page will drastically change. But for now, I think this works.
I want to leave y'all with something I've been thinking about alot lately. As I'm sure ALL of you know, our kitty Stella died last week. Leaving Kita Belle as our only cat. I've never worried about leaving the cats alone at the house because they always had each other. This weekend will be the first weekend Kita's at home alone and I am so worried that she is going to be lonely and sad. I know the crazy cat woman part of me is coming out, but seriously. She's never been alone while we're out of town, and she's been craving alot of attention since Stella's been gone. And I'm worried about her. Other than leaving a tv on and making sure her pink blanket's clean, I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions? Feel free to comment.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Only 15 more days 'til Auburn Football!
"And brave the storm to come, for it surely looks like rain." ~ Grateful Dead
It's a dark, cold, rainy day in Denver. The high today is only 65. That may not seem very cold in the grand scheme of Colorado, but seeing as how we just got out of a streak of 22 days above 90 degrees, it's quite a change. Lately I've been longing for a day like this. Don't get me wrong, I love the sun. But every now and then it's so nice to break out the umbrella and dodge puddles. It's supposed to be like this all weekend. My flowers are happy... the ones that are alive atleast.
Thomas and I are heading up to Grand Lake this weekend to have an "Olympic Theme Weekend" at our friend Dylan's family lake house. Dylan is my friend Kate's boyfriend, and he loves her enough to allow quite a few of our crazy friends to come up. We have not had a lake trip since we left Auburn and are pretty excited to have a relaxing weekend complete with great friends, lots of food, and I'm sure the occasional cocktail. The picture of Thomas and I below is actually from Grand Lake in 2006.
So, let's talk about the "Olympic Theme" part of the weekend. Kate and Dylan have taken it upon themselves to come up with a number of games and competitions that we will take part in throughout the weekend (think washers, corn hole, etc). While playing these games, each couple is supposed to dress up like both a sport in the Olympics and a Country. Any of you who know Thomas know that dressing up in costume is not his thing. He is a man that won't even dress up for Halloween (with the exception of last year... props to him for that). To make it as easy of a costume as possible, we are going to be the Swedish Mixed Doubles Tennis Team. Why you ask? Because we have all the tennis gear, and I figured if Thomas wears his hair down with a sweatband around his head, he could pass as a Swede. Me with red hair... not so much. I'll make sure to post pictures on here next week... if I can figure out how, exactly, to do that. I'm sure as I start to learn a little more about this whole blogging thing, the look and feel of this page will drastically change. But for now, I think this works.
I want to leave y'all with something I've been thinking about alot lately. As I'm sure ALL of you know, our kitty Stella died last week. Leaving Kita Belle as our only cat. I've never worried about leaving the cats alone at the house because they always had each other. This weekend will be the first weekend Kita's at home alone and I am so worried that she is going to be lonely and sad. I know the crazy cat woman part of me is coming out, but seriously. She's never been alone while we're out of town, and she's been craving alot of attention since Stella's been gone. And I'm worried about her. Other than leaving a tv on and making sure her pink blanket's clean, I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions? Feel free to comment.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Only 15 more days 'til Auburn Football!
"And brave the storm to come, for it surely looks like rain." ~ Grateful Dead


3 comments:
You need to write a book...I can see that great Auburn University edgimacation that I paid for coming out in your well written words!! As for Kita...she will be okay...go buy her a teddy kitty or some kind of stuffed animal..it will give her something to hiss at over the weekend!!! Love ya...have fun and be careful!! Can't wait to see pictures of you guys in your tennis outfits!!
I second Karen's comment. You are a great writer. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the tennis outfits too!
Kita will be fine. I worry when I leave Little Kitty too, but I give her some extra lovin' when I get home and she forgives me!
Brew haha...thats a pretty good blog for a first timer. I'm looking forward to see T dressed up this weekend. Take lots of pics. I'm adding you to my friend list.
Post a Comment